

Why is it that when I look up that I find that 8 days have passed since my last blog post. I am always soooo far behind!
Saturday, I sat with Sydney and Shaun and watched The Sound of Music. I remember going to see that movie with my mom at the theater when it was first released. (Yes, even though I was a young child, it still makes me old!!!) So when I sat down to watch it with them, I didn't really know how much interest they would have. But I thought that it was good exposure for them.
Well, I completely underestimated my children's interest. They love The Sound of Music. They have watched the entire thing at least 3 times and have watched parts of it more than that. Different parts of it...they find the whole thing fascinating.
Last night Sydney insisted on seeing the part about "cuckoo" again. So, before bedtime, Shaun and Sydney and I went downstairs and watched "So Long, Farewell" several times before we went to bed. And, we even acted it out.
If you remember the movie, you know that the little kids peek out from behind the bigger kids at the party, and from behind the parents at the Austrian Music Festival. Well, both of the kids would stand behind me and peek out and sing cuckoo with the Von Trapp children! I could see their reflection in the TV. Then, when Daddy came down, both Mommy and Daddy participated. I need to find some music activities for both kids...they both seem to love music and I need to foster that now.
If you like my layouts, check out my oscraps gallery for full credits on the products that I used.

No comments:
Post a Comment