Saturday, August 02, 2008


I got an email from someone in the late Nov 2004 DTC group. DTC for the uninformed is Dossier to China. When you are waiting for a referral from China, the most important thing in your world is DTC. I responded with this note.


I cannot remember that waiting period without deep emotions sweeping over me. I cannot see a DHL jet without asking my children, "Do you think that jet has a package with someone's first photos of their children from China?"


Our 4 year old daughter will have been in our arms for 3 years on Labor Day. Our 5 1/2 year old son has been in our arms 15 months. I am an old mom (50) and they are full of energy. They love each other fiercely. They exhaust me but the hugs and kisses are as important to my existence as the very air that I breathe.


This layout is from a photo of Sydney in Wuhan...our first week with her. When I look at her now, it seems impossible that she was ever so little.

No comments: