
Day 1 of the 21 day challenge
This is the first day of the 21 day challenge. It comes from my friend Sally. The challenge is on her blog at http://sallysangelworks.typepad.com/. She lives in Texas and I found her through OScraps which is where I spend almost all of my digital scrapping time.
The challenge is to find a habit that you want to create and do it for 21 days. The theory is that if you do something for 21 days, it becomes a habit and you can do it for a lifetime. Part of Sally's challenge is to blog about the habit.
I'm a few days behind everyone else...life seems to roll like that for me now! And there are so many worthwhile habits that I want to develop. But I really must focus on one if I have any hope of achieving any! So, habit number 1 (can you here the drumroll) is....a food diary! For 21 days. No cheating, no forgetting, no nothing! That's all...not changing eating habits (although that could happen if I really kept a food diary that was accurate). Won't my nutritionist be happy?
I scrapped another layout. This one is from last weekend. Hannah called Brian last Friday and asked if we would like to come to Iowa City and hang out with her on Saturday. She even said that we could stay overnight in her apartment.
What do you think the answer was? I would have walked to Iowa City if it had been necessary! You would think that someone had invited me to Disneyland! I was giddy!
We hung out at the mall. We ate lunch, went to see Kung Fu Panda (at Hannah's suggestion) and shopped. Then we bought some groceries on the way back to Hannah's apartment and she cooked supper for us. We had salads and spaghetti with breadsticks and ice cream sundaes for dessert. After dinner we took a nice long walk around the campus followed by bedtime.
This is the amazing part!!! Sydney and Shaun both spent the night in Hannah's room on a camp out. Now that may not sound amazing to others but to me...WOW! You see, Sydney has not slept in a room without her mommy or daddy since September 1 of 2005. Very close to 3 years. Can I just say WOW once more?
No comments:
Post a Comment