Thursday, July 10, 2008

These photos are from Sydney's first visit ever to the Pumpkin Patch in 2006. It is a tradition now. We make it out there at least once a season...and with school trips, sometimes we make it several times.

I hope that Haoyi can make it out there with us this fall. I suspect that she has not done anything quite like that before. I was able to visit with her online yesterday morning to start my day. What a treat that was! We are so excited to meet her. She has her visa appointment in Nanjing on Monday, July 14th. Right now she thinks that she will be coming around the 15th of August.

We started yesterday morning with mommy and Sydney and Shaun having breakfast at Village Inn. We then went to the Science Center. I had never been to the new Science Center (and I don't think it's that new any longer) but it was really cool! I can see why the kids love it when a trip there is on the agenda. We spent the afternoon at Papa and Grandma's with Beka and Abby and Randy and Angie swimming in the pool and eating hot dogs cooked on Papa's new grill.

After that, both kids had gymnastics and we finished the day with supper at On the Border. It was really quite a nice vacation day!

No comments: