Saturday, February 20, 2021

Delights of the Week

The weather here in Florida is crazy.  Not as crazy as the rest of the country (where Texans have had freezing temperatures and significant snowfall for several days) but still crazy.  Temps hit 85 degrees on Thursday and I caved and turned the upstairs air on.  When we got up yesterday, it was still 71 degrees but the temps fell throughout the day.  It's only 45 and feels like 36 this morning.  All I can do is shake my head.

The most delightful discovery of the week...Artscow!  Years ago, when I was really active in digital scrapbooking, I created 7 volumes of scrapbook pages in 8x8 books.  But I only made one of each.  This was back in 2010 and I wasn't really thinking about what I would want in 2021.  

A couple of years ago, I had an Ah-Ha moment and realized that I had mixed the kids pages.  As I get older, I think about how things will be split between the two of them when we die.  Hard work and lots of decisions.  So I have continued to feel bad about how in the world the kids would ever split these things.  

Restarting my scrapbooking hobby had me looking to see if Artscow was still in existence.  Oh my goodness...not only is it still in existence but the offerings are amazing.  And, the most delightful moment, everything that I have ever ordered is still in my account history and can be re-ordered.  I don't know if it will really matter someday to Shaun and Syd but I know that it matters incredibly to me.  There will be some extra Artscow orders going in this month.  And then, I have about 10 years of scrapping to catch up on so I can do a few more volumes.

I started with this page.  A tribute to my dad.  He was one of a kind for sure.  I really miss him!

Heritage CHALLENGE — at Oscraps
This challenge caused me to scrap an old photo of my dad as a boy. My imagination gave me a look into the past when the man that I knew as Dad was a little boy who would have been excited while riding a tricycle. Credits list
Background paper and word art from https://www.oscraps.com/shop/52-Inspirations-2021
by Vicki Stegall Designs.
All other elements are from the fantastic collab https://www.oscraps.com/.../Live-Life-An-Oscraps...
Live Life by the awesome Oscraps designers.



No comments: