It is a beautiful morning in Florida. It is 63 degrees and sunny. The sound of running water from the pool is soothing. For some reason, the temperature made me think of another time in Florida with cool mornings.
In my freshman year at Drake, I came to Daytona Beach for Spring Break. I wasn't your typical college spring break student. I came with a group of friends with Campus Crusade for Christ. It was a fun experience and my first time in Florida. There were 7 of us girls and 6 guys. We drove from Iowa...in very uncomfortable cars. And we had a good time...there were good speakers and plenty of time to soak up the sunshine in Florida before heading back to the cold weather in Iowa. It was my last spring break trip...CCC pulled their staff from the Drake campus and it wasn't the same. But it is a memory that I will hold on to as long as I'm on this earth.
The birds are out and about in our backyard. I just had a male and female cardinal at the feeder. I love my cardinals. And I take plenty of photos. Recently, I was introduced to the Deep Dream Generator. So I took one of my many pictures of cardinals and used the DDG to make the photo in this layout. It won't go into my scrapbooks and it won't hang on the wall, but it brought me joy. Everything is from the beautiful Fab Friday Color Play by Crafty Button Designs.

No comments:
Post a Comment