Tuesday, October 16, 2007




Sometimes my 3 1/2 year old daughter acts like she is 15 1/2 instead. Last night on the way home from pre-school, Sydney announced that she was not going to gymnastics. I tried reasoning with her (which is probably a flaw in my character...she's 3 1/2, why would I try to reason with her) but she'd have none of it. By the time we got home, she was crying that she wanted her mommy. We finally gave up and Brian took Shaun to gymnastics and Sydney stayed home with me.

And when Brian returned home, Shaun was in trouble. He goofed off all through class...didn't follow instructions, skipped stations, etc. At the end of class, Brian made him go to the teacher and tell her that he was sorry for being naughty during class.

The funny part is that the kids love gymnastics. So, this week's rule...if you don't want to go to gymnastics, no summersaults, headstands, flips, etc. We'll see how that works. I'll tell you what, this parenting stuff is really trial and error...mainly error!

The pumpkin patch picture is from last Friday. Sydney's class went to the Pumpkin Patch. This picture shows a gray haired daddy (Brian) helping someone else's child pick a pumpkin. And I love it!
Brian does a wonderful job with the kids. He is an incredible help around the house...he helps with baths and washes hair, he gets kids dressed for school and delivered there. I am incredibly blessed!

And, last, but certainly not least!!! Six months ago, we met Shaun for the first time! Is it possible? It certainly doesn't seem so! It seems that this young man has been in my life forever! I am so blessed that God has allowed me to be this boy's mommy.
As always credits for layouts can be found here. http://www.oscraps.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/5782

No comments: