Friday, October 05, 2007


This picture was taken on Dad's 78th birthday. I love it. Dad came out for coffee as he often does on Saturday mornings. We leave the garage door open and the first thing we hear is the whistling. When the kids hear that they start yelling "Papa, Papa." Then when he gets in the house they ask if he brought them suckers or money...because Papa usually brings suckers or money.


I've been told that my grandpa used to whistle all of the time. This was my mom's dad. He died when I was 12 and he got throat cancer a couple of years before that so I really don't remember much about him before he was sick. I wish I could remember more! I can't hear the whistling in my mind at all. But I'm grateful for every day that my dad comes walking through the garage whistling...and for every memory that my young kids can have...even if they won't remember his whistling 39 years from now.


Everything in the layout is from Ashalee Wall's October kit at oscraps.

No comments: