Saturday, January 01, 2011

2011
It doesn't seem possible to me that we are beginning 2011. There is so much behind me...and yet, Lord willing, still so much ahead.

I have a theme for 2011. I don't do very well with resolutions so I've decided to go with a theme and a word. The theme is "Live in the moment". That doesn't come naturally to me. I seem to have one foot in the past and one foot in the future at all times. But, for 2011, I'm going to live in the moment.

Which means that I won't sit here and tell you what I think 2011 will bring. What a foolhardy (marked by unthinking boldness) thing that would be. I don't know if I have tomorrow. So, instead, I will take what I have which is today and I'll live in this moment.

The word for 2011 is hope. Hope as described in Psalm 71:5. "For You have been my hope Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth." How incredibly blessed I have been to have had the same hope throughout my entire life.

There are many definitions for hope. The one that I believe best sums up my feeling for this year is "expectancy". So join with me as I begin my year of hope!

No comments: