Sunday, January 09, 2011

I should change the header to this blog. Neither of my children look much like this anymore. Which is exactly why I don't change it.

New 52
I'm a bit unpredictable. Brian would tell you that I'm always seeking change. But in many ways, I want things to stay exactly as they are. I only want change that I initiate and that I control. Change brought about by someone else is not the change that I embrace.

So, bring on New 52. This is a challenge to do something new at least once a week in 2011. I was a bit late with Week 1. It took me until yesterday (which officially began Week 2) to accomplish the task.
We re-joined the Y. And I'm going to start swimming. Not learn to swim...I know how to swim. Just start swimming. Because this is also my year to "live in the moment", that is enough for me.

If it turns out well, I may have future results: swimming laps with my son, taking lessons to learn a few new strokes, sit for an interview in the newspaper at age 70 talking about how swimming turned around my health and fitness goals and made me what I am today.

But for now, I'm going to start swimming and it's quite enough.

Scrapbook Pages

On New Year's Eve, I was exhausted by 9:30 and knew that I'd never make it to midnight. The kids really didn't care one way or the other but I had purchased party hats and streamers. So I suggested that we celebrate at 10:00. After all, it's midnight somewhere!


















No comments: