
Today I've decided to join the ranks of bloggers. I'm not giving up my website...I love it. But, the truth is that I don't have much time to sit at the computer and this is a quicker way to keep current with Sydney's latest adventures.
For example... Wednesday was my niece Abby's 7th birthday. We celebrated by going to Chuckee Cheese. The entire family made it...even Hannah made it for a few minutes. She had to leave before the pizza arrived because one of her basketball teammates was signing with the University of Iowa Hawkeyes. (Congrats to Kelsey Cermak!) Zeb, the 13 year old was quite happy with his cup of tokens...would swing by occasionally for another piece of pizza, then off to another video game. Sarah took total charge of Sydney which of course made Sydney very happy! And, Beka, like Sydney is at a good age for Chuckee Cheese so the birthday celebration was a good time!
Then, we came home and Mommy logged on to check email while Sydney got to watch one Dora video. As Mommy sat at her computer, a little voice came from beside her. It went something like this...
Sydney - "Mommy, my nose."Mommy, as she reaches for a tissue - "Is your nose running?"
Sydney - "No."
Mommy, now looking at Sydney and seeing the concerned look - "Is there something in your nose?"
Sydney - "Yes."
Mommy - "What is in your nose?"
Sydney - "Gum."
So began our trip to the ER to finish our celebration evening. We tried having Sydney blow the gum out of her nose but it didn't work. However, the tears that started on the drive to the ER caused her nose to run...and that caused the gum to fall out of her nose. A full piece of chewed up Dentyne gum! So, no ER bill this time. But, if I know Syd, we'll get more chances.
No comments:
Post a Comment