
We spent the weekend in Kansas City and had a very good time. Brian, Sydney, Hannah and I went to KC to watch some basketball. The Seton Hall women played the Kansas women in the first game and the Missouri State women played the Iowa women in the second game. We sat in the front row on the floor under the basket. That's my favorite place to sit...Sydney actually did a pretty good job of watching the game. After the games, we spent the night at the Marriott....
Brian and I both worked in downtown KC across the street from the Marriott so we had many lunches at Lilly's in the mid-90's. This was Sydney's first trip to KC. She stood in the window on the 12th floor of the Marriott overlooking the city and asked "Where's the city?" But on Sunday morning when she looked out the window, she caught on and exclaimed "There's the city!" ...
When we went to check out Sunday morning, we passed the Seton Hall girls coming back from breakfast. Sydney had on one of her basketball shirts and was dragging her suitcase behind her. The girls were looking at her and saying "Hi. How cute." I said "Sydney, those are basketball players." Sydney grinned and said "Like me." Yes, my beautiful little girl...just like you...
The picture at the top of the page is from this summer. But it's so cute that I just had to post it. I love blogs!
No comments:
Post a Comment