Saturday, November 11, 2006


We are going to Kansas City to watch the Mo State Bears play the Ia Hawks. Spaz is coming with us. This is Sydney's first trip to KC...seems strange that we haven't been there in over a year. We used to go frequently. And we lived there for 6 years. I love KC...just too busy to go.

Sydney did most of her own packing this morning. She has a suitcase that is about her size but it has a handle and she is pulling it behind her...good practice for when we travel to China.

About a month ago, I was singing the song "You are my sunshine" to Sydney. The lyrics go "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray." Sydney looked at me awhile later and said "Sydney make Mommy happy?" I said, "Oh yes, Sydney makes Mommy VERY HAPPY!" Sydney smiled at me and said "Mommy make Sydney happy too!"

What joy she brings me! I'm attaching a picture from this summer of Sydney eating sweet corn. She loves it and would usually make it through two full ears!

No comments: