

And I'm still behind on posting! Friday night I picked up the kids at daycare and we went to Minneapolis for the weekend. Hannah was playing basketball up there. It's hard to imagine that this is the last summer of watching her play basketball...it's really only been 5 1/2 years, but it seems like forever!
We stayed at the same hotel with Angie, Hannah, Abby and Beka. The kids got along well and Abby does a super job of playing with them. It was hot in Minneapolis and the gyms weren't air conditioned. We got a chance to play in the hotel pool on Saturday. That was fun!
We came home early on Sunday and Brian had purchased and assembled a new gas grill. So I ran Dad's Father's Day gift in to him. It was a coffee travel mug that has an insert with his grandkids' pictures. I've got the same mug for Brian...just need to find time to get it made.
Anyway, Sarah was the only one home since Randy was with Zeb at his baseball tournament and Angie had the younger girls with her and Hannah. So, Sarah came home with me and played with Sydney and Shaun and then ate supper with us! That was a nice treat.
On the way home from Mpls, we stopped to eat at McDonalds. We had no more than sat down when Shaun announced that he had to go potty. Well, I explained that we couldn't go potty now. We had our food and drinks and we couldn't leave them at the table. In the meantime, Sydney kicked off her flip flops under the table and we finished our lunch. I told Sydney to get under the table and get her flip flops on so that we could go potty! And I told her to HUSTLE!
After visiting the restroom, I walked out to the van with the kids. I looked down at Sydney's feet and noticed the flip flops were on the wrong feet.
"Sydney," I said, "why are your flip flops on the wrong feet?" Sydney isn't one to take responsibility for someone else's faults! One of her favorite sayings is, "Mommy, you made a mistake!"
So, when questioned about her flip flops, Sydney looked at me and said, "Mommy, you said that I had to get my flip flops on and I had to hustle so I put them on the wrong feet!" Darn, I hate it when I realize how impatient I can be!
The pictures are from the Pearl River Cruise in Guangzhou and from the park in Guangzhou!
No comments:
Post a Comment