
I don't know where this last week went. Tomorrow I head back to work and Sydney has her last day of school. Shaun can't start daycare until next week so he will be home with Daddy this week.
Shaun had the surgery to remove the steel rod from his leg on Wednesday. That went very well. He get stitches removed this week and then we try to keep him from being "real active" for three months while the bone grows into the holes where the rod was. This sounds like an IMPOSSIBLE task but we will do our best:-)
Hannah played in Sam's MAYB tournament this weekend. The big news was that Sarah played on the team as well. And Sarah did a very good job against older girls. I tried to get a few pictures but I don't know if any of them turned out. I hope so. (Lui played on the team as well as Brit...so it was really fun to see all the sisters in action. All of those years ago when I started watching Hannah and Brit play together at the Y, I sure didn't expect to ever see Sarah and Lui on the same court with them.) This was Shaun's first basketball game. He and Sydney started chanting "Hannah, Hannah, Hannah". It was kind of cute...
Zeb had baseball this weekend and we managed to get over to one of his games as well. He was hitting the ball really well in the game that I saw. I was impressed! On the drive to Zeb's game in Indianola, Sydney was whining that she was hot and needed a sunscreen on the minivan window. I told her that I'd get one for her and she said "Mommy, there is one downstairs already." She is right...we bought one for the car and there was an extra one. I just haven't installed it. I replied, "I know Sydney. I'll put it on for you." To that, Sydney answered, "Mommy, Daddy can do it because he is a hard worker." STRIKE ONE!
As we continued to the baseball game, Sydney was talking about something she would do when she grew up. Then she said, "I do it when I get big and fat like you Mom." STRIKE TWO!
Lucky for Sydney, the car ride ended before she could think of any other clever things to say! Because in baseball, it's THREE STRIKES and You'r OUT!
The page above uses a paper from Lisa Whitney's Artsy Fartsy kit with bubble overlays. I don't like pictures of myself, but I want my kids to have them for the memories. So I'm committed to scrapping pages with pictures of me in them. (And good old Sarah is doing a good job of taking photos so there are some pictures of me now.)
No comments:
Post a Comment