
I picked Sydney and Shaun up from daycare today...as I do most days. I've started bringing DumDum suckers with me for treats on the ride home.
You may not know this...but only the blue DumDum's make your tongue turn colors. You may not know this, but Sydney and Shaun definitely are experts. So, Shaun took the Ziploc bag that is filled with suckers and got two. Then Sydney got two. The rules are one, but the rules are soft! So, Shaun got a blue sucker in his mouth and a second sucker that had a blue wrapper. Sydney couldn't find any blue suckers so she started crying and saying that Shaun needed to give her the blue sucker. I finally caved and asked Shaun if he wouldn't PLEASE give his sister one of his blue suckers.
He was very cooperative and gave her the unwrapped sucker. Problem was that it wasn't really a blue sucker after all. So Sydney says to Shaun, "Shaun, bite your sucker." What Sydney meant was that if Shaun ate the sucker, his tongue wouldn't turn blue. However, Shaun is a pretty smart little boy and he said "No" and continued sucking on the blue sucker.
So then Sydney says to me, "Mommy, you fix supper when we get home." That seemed like an innocent request and I replied "Yes Sydney, I'll fix supper when we get home." Sydney scrunched her face in glee and started yelling "Yea!"
I'm a pretty decent cook but it is a week night and there's really no reason to believe that supper will be worth yelling "Yea!" about. Then Sydney says to me, "Supper makes the blue on your tongue go away!" And, at that point, I started laughing with her. Which made her say "I'm tricky!"
And that caused Shaun to yell "No Sydney. Stop it. Cut it out!" And, I think that's pretty good vocabulary for someone who heard English for the first time two months ago!
And that's what happens when you have two children in carseats in the back of your minivan. The photo above is a page I did with Shaun holding his Certificate of Citizenship. I used torn paper templates from Redju at Redjuscrap.blogspot.com and all papers and elements came from a freebie...Old Glory at nanas-attic.blogspot.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment