100 Days - Day 2
Soccer
Sydney and I went to her soccer game yesterday morning. I don't remember the score. I would guess that it was somewhere around 25 to 4. And she had between 13 and 15 of the goals. Plus several assists (is that what they call them in soccer?). And while it is fun, the dilemma is that she isn't getting enough competition.
This year, Norwalk had so many girls in the U8 group that they formed three teams and she wound up on the new team. The new team is made up of two Kdg girls, two 1st graders and Sydney and her friend Rees are the two 2nd graders. Because of the ages, they have the girls playing against U7 competition. Oh my...
Buying
I thought about titling this as cars. But, I think that we are now finished with buying cars. I don't, however, think that we are finished buying. (If I had a smiley face to insert here, it might be blushing.)
Yesterday was our second new car purchase in the last 3 months. Brian's Grand Marquis bit the dust at the beginning of February. He was driving home and the engine started clunking. Now, that poor car had 135,000 miles and we had already said that we would not put much money into it. So, when it broke down and the expenses would be $2,ooo plus, we immediately went to the plan to buy a new car. Of course, the fact that we were having the only real snowstorm of the season when we made the purchase was a bit problematic. A quick decision to purchase a Ford Escape and we were now driving a minivan and a small SUV.
The minivan hit 70,000 miles on Monday. On Wednesday, the check engine light came on. And the report was $4,000 plus for repairs. I personally never did think that car was quite right after the head-on collision two years ago. But I sure wasn't planning on replacing it!
Which shows that might plans aren't all that accurate. Because we replaced it yesterday with a Jeep Compass. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Jeep Compass until yesterday. Brian had a Jeep Patriot for a loaner. When looking at cars, we found that the Patriot and the Compass share the same set up inside but they look different on the outside. And, our very uninformed, unplanned purchase, became a Jeep Compass with a sunroof, satellite radio and 4x4. Don't ask...
Weather
Last night's plans included a trip to PTO Fun Night at Lakewood. We delayed our departure because of the thunderstorm that was happening. Then, when it cleared off a bit, we went to Lakewood and found no parking. I was unwilling to park on the highway and walk through that weather. We came home and sat around listening to the weather reports.
Today is Uncle Gene's visitation. I will miss him. I will miss him for who he was when I was a kid. I will miss him for his connection to my mom. I will miss him for the way he said "Lin....." I will miss him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment