Thursday, April 19, 2012


100 Days - Days 4 and 5
Ooops...see what I mean...the days fly by and I can't keep up! But I will not be dissuaded from this goal. So, I am placing my perfectionism aside and pressing on! (If you know me well, you know that I do have a bent toward the dramatic side.)
Monday night we had soccer practice. Only five girls but they are so cute. And Sydney loves it. Our final drill had the Assistant Coach (that's me) trying to defend the goal as the girls tried to score. Shaun played some too since he had to attend and since we didn't have many girls.
Tuesday night was a bit more leisurely. No practice of any kind. We worked on homework and had tuna casserole. Brian doesn't like tuna casserole but the kids and I do so it was perfect to use the opportunity of him working to make that. (And, don't tell the kids, but it was so simple which suited me perfectly.)
Wednesday was spent in an all day planning session at work. That left me spent. So, when I picked the kids up from work, I succumbed to Mommy guilt. After all, they had an early out and had spent the day at day care. When they asked for Mickey D's, I didn't have the heart to disappoint. So that was supper.
I managed to scrap a couple of pages and spent some time reading a new book. Joe Calico by John Grisham is the story of a young baseball player who arrives on the scene for the Cubs in the 1970's. Very good story. Both Shaun and Sydney read as well. I have promised them that if they read 100 books, we will replace the stolen iPod Touches. It has them both reading without complaint. Yay!

No comments: