100 Days - Day 3
They played "When the Saints Go Marching In" at Uncle Gene's funeral. Gene would have loved it. Mom would have loved it. They grew up singing around the piano with Grandma. When I was little, I grew up singing around the piano with Mom.
She loved to play things like "When the Saints Go Marching In" and "Won't You Come Home, Bill Bailey" and "The Tennessee Waltz". I remember when she bought her piano at the Iowa State Fair. Critchett's always had a display (still does) in the Varied Industries Building. She really wanted a piano. There was a display model...the wood was blonde...she got it for a good price...and she loved that piano.
I took lessons on that piano...but I never wanted to practice. Randy's kids took lessons on that piano...but they really didn't love music. I have the piano downstairs but it is really banged up and has seen its better days. I think that it may be ready for the junk yard. But the memories...oh yes, I'll keep the memories!
And, someday, I'll be one of those saints that gets to go marching in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment