Thursday, August 30, 2007







I'm trying to work in some scrapping of heritage pages. I can't imagine how much it would mean to me to have these kinds of layouts for family members now gone! I used Tina Williams' Grandma's Family Album kit.
Journaling reads"I wish that I could remember this. I was 4 years old when the picture was taken. Grandma Blanche was holding me on her lap. My brother Randy was one and he was sitting on Grandpa Art's lap. My cousin Steve would have been 4 as well and he is sitting on Uncle Paul's lap. The picture would have been taken at Grandpa Art's old brick house. I can't remember anything about the house. The only real memory of Grandpa Art is that he gave us hard peppermint candies.
Sometimes when I think of that, I'm surprised that Mom let that happen since she was so afraid that we would choke. But Grandpa Art was really her maternal grandfather and maybe that's why.
While I can't remember the picture being taken, I'm sure that Uncle Paul was home from California and we had all gone to St. Charles to see him.
How I wish I could sit down with these people and visit. So many things I'd ask! And I'd tell them I love them...even 4 year old me."

No comments: