Friday, July 06, 2007


We are half way through 2007. Time is going way too fast and I can't keep up. My intentions are to post daily...but as you can see, I'm doing good to post twice a week. Oh well, something is better than nothing.

We celebrated the 4th of July. That's never been a really good holiday for me...lots of different reasons. One year my dog got ran over, one year I was at a debate camp all alone in the dorms at KU (before cell phones so I couldn't even talk to anyone), one year I was so sick, one year we were driving through Indianapolis returning home from a disastrous ending to 12 and Under AAU basketball... I could go on!

But this year was wonderful. I had two children waving their American flags and picking up candy thrown in the parade. They were assisted by their cousins who love them. Everyone was together except Hannah (who is traveling for basketball). We watched the parade, we went to the park, we played in the pool and we had a picnic! It was truly a wonderful day.

The page above shows Sarah with Shaun and Sydney. Sarah could have ridden on a float with her softball teammates. Instead she chose to watch the parade with her cousins from China! It is no wonder that I love this girl!
The scrapbook page uses papers from the Hero megakit and the Liberty kit. Amy W. did the Liberty papers, J Alger Hero papers, template is Stars and Stripes from scrapleaps.com and elements from M. Colbert and Brandi West.

No comments: