Sunday, May 27, 2007


I love this photo of Sydney because she is so calm and quiet. Most of my photos are action photos where Sydney is involved.


Friday night I was making spaghetti for supper and then I was going to a graduation open house. I was at the kitchen stove when I heard the water running. Well the sound of water running now terrorizes me because we've had so many water escapades! And they always leave Mommy or Daddy with clean-up duty!


So I yell "Turn off the water," and I get no response. So I walk to the kitchen sink where I can see that the bathroom door is closed. This is a really bad sign! I walk to the door, listening to water all of the way, and I try to throw it open. Surprise, surprise...they've locked it! Now I'm using my sternest Mommy voice and I say "Sydney, open this door now!"


Well it doesn't seem that my sternest Mommy voice is very scary if the door between Sydney and Mommy is locked. So there is no reaction from the kids and the water continues to run. However, my sternest Mommy voice must sound a great deal like my crabbiest Wife voice because Brian hustles up the stairs. He grabs the thing that looks like a paper clip that has been straightened that resides over the bathroom door and throws open the door.


It wasn't the view I was hoping for! The water running wasn't in the sink, it was in the bathtub. My children had taken this to new heights!


Yes, I really love this picture! (The scrapbook kit is another Kay Miller kit titled "Live for the Joy".)

2 comments:

pvbeach said...

I love your digital scrapbooking designs.I had big plans to do some but I have no idea where to start. Yours are beautiful and capture the spirit of your children.

Kristen
LID for Grace 4/9
(Maizie CHI list 16A)

Linda said...

Kristen, I really struggled getting started myself. If you'd like some help, please let me know.