I'm thinking that I could write a book. The title would be "Menopausal Musings of a Mommy". What do you think? Catchy title, huh? And, strangely enough, this is my life.
Let's see...how to describe it? Chaos, noise, laughter, fighting...followed by more chaos, noise, laughter and fighting. What one child isn't doing the other one is.
We have a strange phenomena that occurs in our house. It started in Nanchang. When one needs to potty, the other one needs to potty. Thank goodness that we have multiple bathrooms in our house. Anyway, during one of our potty routines yesterday, I was assisting Shaun when Sydney runs in and says "Mommy, that other toilet isn't working." I hurried...well hurry is a relative term these days...into the other bathroom.
And, being the observant mommy that I am, I noticed that there was no toilet paper in the bathroom. When I asked Sydney where it was, she pointed to the toilet. That's right...the entire roll of toilet paper plus the cardboard roll.
I called Brian, who now spends an awful lot of his life at the office:-) I asked where he was and he said he was at a listing appointment. I suggested that he ask the people if they knew how to fix a toilet with a roll of tp in it.
Shaun has had several doctor appointments and he is quite a little trooper. In his physical, we found out that he is in the 50th percentile for weight and the 97th percentile for height. Which explains why I'm always saying, "Shaun, pull up your pants!"
Shaun has started speaking more English. One of his new words is "chicken" because he prefers chicken strips to hot dogs. And he loves milk. He can drink two glasses of milk at a setting. Tonight when I came in with a gallon of milk and a half gallon of ice cream, he came running to me and yelled "Yea" and took the milk jug and marched around the kitchen with it.
Did I mention that Brian's back is out? He doesn't know what happened. But it might have to do with carrying around two kids.
I'm sure that there is much more that I could tell you. But fortunately, due to my advanced age, I forget most of it:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the updates! You guys are in my thoughts and prayers daily. What a great extended family you have.
Kippi
Post a Comment