Sunday, May 13, 2007


It is Mother's Day and I have so much to be grateful for.

First, I am incredibly grateful for my own mother who has loved me and supported me for 49 years. Most importantly, she has provided me with a living example of how to be a mother to my own children.

I'm also grateful for my sister-in-law Angie. She has provided me with four wonderful nieces and one wonderful nephew. Those kids have been the light of my life for 17 years and I can't imagine who I would have been without them.

And last, I am grateful for the two children who are arguing in the background. Actually, it is just Sydney doing the arguing. It may or may not be possible to argue with someone else if you are the only one saying anything! But if it can be done, Sydney will do it.

Sydney is trying to boss Shaun (no surprise there). She wants to pretend that they are going to a ballgame. And Shaun doesn't seem to want to play it the way Sydney wants it done. So Sydney is yelling "Shaun, stop being goofy!" And running to tell me that Shaun is being goofy.

Last night Brian took both of the kids shopping for a gift. He did quite well. He bought me a digital picture frame and I love it. Of course, I need to get my best pictures on a memory card now.

But, as well as Brian did, Shaun topped him! Shaun came running in the house and when he saw me, he broke into a very large grin! He ran to me, reached into his back pocket and extracted a piece of bubble gum. And then he handed it to me and motioned for me to put it into my mouth. Since I know how much Shaun loves bubble gum, this was a true gift from the heart!

And Sydney, my precious Sydney, lights up my world every time she smiles. As you can see in the attached layout.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: